Cam Dailly speaks on our identity in Christ, and how we are called to be imitators of Jesus. In Ephesians 5, Paul writes about things that we (as saints, through God’s grace) should avoid:
1. Sexual immorality: encompasses all sexual experience outside of marriage – linked to idolatry
2. Covetousness: the desire to have more – also linked to idolatry
3. Talking foolishly/crudely: speaking without grounding or reason, dirty jokes, or misplacing words (out of context)
4. Wasting time: our days are evil and limited, and we do not know when we’ll be called home
5. Being drunk: not just on alcohol (or any other substance), but the idea of escaping reality, or living vicariously through other people (be it on TV shows/movies, Facebook, etc)
Instead, we are to walk in love, in the light, and to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Sin is your activity, not your identity.